Ava on the RUN!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009


I don't know how to keep up with her. She's a fast one. She's behind the curtains. She's in her makeshift fort. She's in the cabinets, on the table, you name it... Ava's marked her spot there. Although I LOVE her vivacious curiosity and often encourage it, I am terrified of Ava "getting away" during the split second that I turn around. I've struggled with how to manage getting things in and out of my car while Ava is standing next to me in the parking lot. Sometimes my hands are so full, that I have to put her down for a second to load the car THEN put her in. I often have one leg blocking her in so she won't run off. I've seen a handprint magnet that you can put on your car to teach your children to touch so you can rest assured that your little toddler will stay put. I've used the same exact concept with a Nats magnet we got at last Saturday's ball game. To my amazement, it works and Ava likes putting her hand on the "W", as I call it. In fact, when I'm strapping her in, she tells me, "Mama, put your hand on the W!" Here are some pix of Ava staying still at the Target parking lot =)

2 comments: to “ Ava on the RUN!

Post a Comment

Design by Pocket

Template Brought by :

blogger templates